What is the appropriate dress?
Though we have some guidelines, Missouri Scholars Academy does not maintain a strict dress code. Students should choose appropriate clothing for the weather and activity.
Required Dress Guidelines:
- Every scholar is required to wear his/her academy name tag, prominently displayed on the upper torso, for the duration of the academy. Name tags may not be altered without the approval of residential life staff.
- Shoes must be worn at all times when a scholar is away from his/her assigned floor in the residence hall.
- The Opening Ceremony, Teacher Appreciation Day, and Closing Convocation are semi-formal events requiring scholars to dress nicely, what might be called “business casual.”
Recommended clothing items include:
- Please bring appropriate clothing for typical Missouri weather in June! Scholars will be shuttling between air-conditioned classrooms and outdoor activities.
- Closed-toe shoes are required for some activities during the academy.
Prohibited clothing items include clothing items with inappropriate, offensive, or unhealthy language or logos.